Saturday, December 21, 2019

A psychic once told me (Part 3)

He wasn't wrong. I just didn't know it then.

Two years. Two fingers. A curious look. And doubt on my end. Is he saying what I think he's saying? Am I getting married that soon? Am I even going to meet the love of my life by then? But in fact, I did meet the love of my life just when he said I would. I just wouldn't know it was him.

That very day, I was in a really good mood for some reason. I had signed up for a pre-houseman course with my friends (this was when I was still optimistic about medicine). That morning as I was getting ready, something told me I would be meeting someone special so I had to make sure I looked my best. I remember when I got there I was slightly disappointed when I scanned the room. I sat in the audience wondering where all the cute boys were at cause I definitely wasn't feeling it with any of them! By the end of it, they had invited a couple of housemen to give a talk about their experiences... and that's when I saw him.

He looked tired, a little messy. He had just gotten off work. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed. But when he spoke, his voice made me look up. You could tell he was a nice guy. I wasn't really paying much attention to the other speakers but he really caught my attention. When I saw him for the first time, something in my heart told something was there. Koi no yokan.

The psychic was right about everything. He knew I wasn't happy in my old relationship. He knew I was hoping to meet another guy. He knew when I'd meet him. He even knew where he was living at the time. All he did was give me a time-frame to get ready for it.

Anyway, after the course ended I contemplated about staying a little while to talk to him but something made me choose not to. I wouldn't meet him again until the following year.

And a few months after I did, he asked me to marry him.



If you'd like to read the previous entries on this story:

No comments:

Post a Comment